Monday, August 12, 2013

Candied pecan or pecan't.

 Candied pecans made the best way possible.
 Cooked in bacon fat. I have this awesome idea that anything cooked in bacon fat taste amazing. 
I baked up some bacon leaving the fat in the pan for the pecans.

Smothered these beauts in honey. Enough to cover them is fine. Smothered is better. 
 Next I drenched them in sweet China cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. 
The pumpkin pie spice I use is powdered Jamaican allspice, China cinnamon, East indies nutmeg and mace, powdered ginger and cloves.
 Quite the mixture. 

You can also use paprika or cayenne pepper if you wanted something spicy.  
 Drenched.
 Final step before the oven is salt. 
I used a coarse grain french salt. I am also a salt snob. 
  Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or when bubbly. 
 Pile high and eat away.
 Try not to burn your tongue! 





No comments:

Post a Comment